Member Login | Find a Group | Français

Camp Wilabosca

Camp Wilabosca is a year round camp on the shores of Windy lake in the city of Greater Sudbury. The property is a well treed 18 acre site with 1820 feet of lake forntage including two sand beaches. It is not uncommon to see fox, rabbit, squirel and partridge tracks in the winter.

Scroll down to find out how to book Camp Wilabosca.



53 North Shore Road

Onaping ON

Program Activities and Sites

Approximately 80% of the site is treed with the remaining 20% field . There are four tenting camp sites in the treed area complete with fire pits.

The Camp has seven canoes complete with paddles and safety kits. ( supply your own PFDs) There are two safe sand beaches for swimming and a hiking trail to Windy Lake Provincial Park along the shore of Windy Lake. In winter, the area is perfect for snowshoeing, cross country skiing and ice fishing. Bring your own equipment. Local groups often make and sleep in quinzhees.


Vern Field Lodge was constructed in 1984 measures 35 ft by 60 ft and serves as a general purpose/dining room, a kitchen, washrooms and mechanical room. The lodge has a propane furnace, range and hot water tank. There is an electric fridge and freezer, coffee machine and toaster. The kitchen has cooking and eating utensiles to serve 50. Water is supplied by electric water pump complete with heat traced water line for winter use. The water system is treated with a UV system and is tested bi-annually by the Camp manager and also annually by the Sudbury District Health Unit.

There are 5 electrically heated sleeping cabins that combined can sleep 52. The lodge and one cabin have barrier free access and facilities.

Age Groups   


All Age Groups Two designated campfire areas, one in field and one on the point.  Campsites have individual fire pits.



Treated water is available in Vern Field Lodge year round. All buildings have electricity, the sleeping cabins are electrically heated (turn on the heat when you arrive and turn it off when you leave). Vern Field Lodge is heated all winter to maintain the water system.



Located on a point of land on Windy Lake.  There are two sandy, no demarkations unsupervised beach areas. Main lodge has flush toilet facilities including a barrier free washroom and there is one kybo located near the individual tenting sites.


Cell Coverage/9-1-1 Coverage

There is an open air chapel located on the point with cairn and benches.

Located within the  limits of the City of Greater Sudbury

There is a land line on site in main lodge and some cell phone coverage.


The property was purchased by the Sudbury District Council of the Boy Scouts of Canada in 1942 from the Onaping Fish and Game Club for $500.00. The camp was officially opened in 1946. The name of the camp comes from Windy Lake Boy Scout Camp.

To book Cam pWilabosca, visit the website at

In case of emergency, contact Earl Mumford 705 692 9520 705 866 2578 and Tom McGibbon 705 560 0118


Hang On - Refreshing Form Data ...